What is GISP?
The Global Intercultural Skills Program guides students through a pathway of special interests and experiences. During the three stages of this program, students will be encouraged to focus on student-centered learning, creativity and critical thinking. Components include intercultural volunteer experiences, language courses, intercultural assignments or projects derived from regular classes and reflection. The Global Intercultural Skills Program helps students select and reflect upon their experiences, guiding them towards a final project in Grade 12. During this program, students will gain:
- Experience with flexible and personal challenges
- Connections to future opportunities and adventures
- School relevance to the wider world
- A wider perspective to new ideas
- Creativity, entrepreneurship and readiness for the adult world